All visits take place in the comfort of your home. We offer holistic pet sitting services for a full range of care needs.
DAY VISITS (Morning, Mid-day and/or Evening)
- Piddle break / walk (as tolerated), excrement clean up and disposal
- Feeding and bowl washing post meals, fresh water
- Medications as needed
- Social / play time
- One-on-one love, love, love!
- Regular photo and/or text updates
- Gather mail, alternate blinds, water plants, garbage out
- Treats prior to leaving
- Gate and door security check prior to leaving
$35-$45 pending animal number and specific needs
EXTENDED DAY VISIT / HOURLY RATE
- Hourly care in your home
- Includes all above care services, plus housekeeping services as needed. (see above Day Visits for full list)
This is a great option if your animal has health concerns, needs frequent feedings or medications, suffers from separation anxiety or just needs loving companionship while you are out for the day. Consider a Reiki Healing session for your animal while we are there!
$35-$40 first hour, $25 each consecutive hour
OVERNIGHT CARE, VACATION STAYS
- Overnight care is a 14 hour shift, starting at 6pm, ending at 8am the following morning (start/end times are flexible)
$90-$110 per 14hr shift*
* Please note: we are no longer able to accommodate 24hr care.
MEDICAL SUPPORT / CONSULTATIONS
Standard pills, herbs, homeopathy and basic first aid services are included in all regular pet sitting visits. Cara is a Veterinary Assistant.
- Subcutaneous Fluid Therapy (SubQ Fluids)
- Insulin Injections
- Heart Medications, precise timing
- Do you have a medical concern but you're not sure if a vet visit is needed? Contact us to arrange a consultation.
- Nail trims can be stress inducing for your animal. My goal is always to reduce stress by working slowly, trimming carefully and taking cues from each animal. Please inquire for details.
* Please note: if an assistant is needed, additional fees apply
- Matted fur and hygiene (rear-end) shaving
- Special requests
ANIMAL HEALING : REIKI / ENERGY MASSAGE
Healing sessions take place in the comfort of your home.
Reiki is great for: general inflammation like arthritis, post-surgery wound healing, anxiety and nerves, animals in transition, special needs, and general well-being. Animals are very clear communicators in regards to reiki; if they appreciate it, they relax and absorb. If they are resistant, they simply walk away. The first step is to try a session to gauge their response.
- Single Practitioner Healing: One practitioner performs healing work on your animal. Some animals will absorb what they need within 15-20 minutes, others will request longer sessions.
ANIMAL TRANSPORTATION / PET TAXI
COVID update: at this time we are only transporting animals to appointments (not owners).
$35-$40 one way, $60-$80 round trip
Depending on length of vet appointment, we wait in the car for your animal or come back for the round trip transport.
ATTENDING VET APPOINTMENTS WITH YOU / VETERINARY ADVOCATE
- Cara will meet you at your veterinary appointment and help you navigate decision making, ask appropriate questions and take notes to help you prepare a plan.
- We can also arrange to pick up and transport you to and from the appointment, which is a huge relief to many. Sometimes the driving alone feels overwhelming when your baby has an appointment.
- Cara can also take your animal to the vet for you and report all information back to you.
$60 minimum, additional fees may include extra time and/or transportation fees
HOSPICE CONSULTATION & NURSING SERVICES
Losing our loved ones to age or disease is incredibly difficult; we've been through it. Cara offers in-home hospice consultations.
-The first consultation is usually 1-2 hours.
-We discuss quality of life, family goals, look at the medical, physical, emotional, spiritual journey your animal and family are going through and develop a plan to best support you.
- Consultations are individualized and may include a reiki session and/or intuitive reading.
- Cara offers in-home nursing services, can consult with your veterinarian, and can arrange end of life services when the time comes. Home nursing includes medicating, administering fluids, maintaining the comfort of your animal.
$100-$180 initial consultation
$60-$80 follow-up visits
PET LOSS SUPPORT : GRIEF COACHING SESSIONS
Losing our loved ones to age or disease is incredibly difficult and you are not alone. There are may issues specific to pet loss that require a specialist. Cara is a Grief Coach certified in pet loss companioning and can support you through this painful process. Contact Cara at (707) 331-4841 to discuss your particular needs.
More information here: www.petlossalchemy.com